How to improve Animal life welfare in our society
Lately we’ve been swamped with numerous incidents about animal cruelty, the elephant from Kerela, the cow from Himachal Pradesh, and the dog from Delhi or the Leopard from Assam. It literally makes us wonder, that what in the world is wrong with us humans? Isn’t it up to as intelligent and sensitive beings to take care of those who do not have a voice? But look at us today! It’s disappointing to say the least…..
How can we as sensible and educated members of our society bring about change for the animals around us? We at Social Coffee will teach you just how.
- Create awareness: Many people beat, kill and treat animals cruelly because they are unaware of how our world functions. They need to be made aware of the importance of animals around us and given the opportunity to grow more compassionate.
- Raise your voice: These days if we speak up in favor of animals, we are persecuted by many members of our society, but nonetheless we must persist in our endeavors and report the senseless abuse of animals. It is for the good of mankind and nature.
- Boycott animal entertainment: Places like zoos, circuses, etc. should be shut down by the government itself and people should avoid visiting them to force them to shut down. Animals are not here for our entertainment, instead they are meant to be free and wild in their natural habitats.
- Feed the strays and wild: We have been expanding this encroachment of the natural fauna since millions of years and with the increase of human population it increases even further each year. We have to create an environment where all animals and humans can co-inhabit with each other. Put out water in bowls during summer; build bird houses, put out food or grains.
- Adopt animals: It is essential that now we do not purchase animals of different and exotic breeds, one which do not do well in the Indian climate. Instead we should adopt Indian breed animals and provide them with a safe haven in our houses. And adopt only if you can keep them for a lifetime, because it is a lifetime commitment. You will have to invest your time, money, care and love just like you would do to raise a child.
We hope that you will keep these in mind and become responsible citizens who care about animal welfare in our country.